basic Life support recertification
Ottawa East Location
Register for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course at our Ottawa East location (1820 Old Innes Rd, Unit #802)
Ottawa West Location
Register for Basic Life Support (BLS) course at our Ottawa West Location (based off of Carling Road)
Kingston General Hospital Location
Register for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course given at the Kingston General Hospital (76 Stuart St)
Basic Life Support Recertification– BLS (CPR-HCP)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives. It is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings or by those in healthcare training program.
Basic Life Support teaches single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
It will train you to quickly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED through simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
CPR First Aid Training Course Content
- The BLS Provider Course focuses on what rescuers need to know how to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies.
- The importance of high quality CPR and it’s impact on survival.
- Steps of the Chain of Survival and applying the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival.
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR.
- Perform high quality CPR for adults, children, and infants.
- Use a barrier device to provide effective ventilation.
- Importance of early defibrillation and use of an AED.
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performing as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR.
- Techniques for relief of foreign body airway obstruction (choking) in adults, children, and infants.