basic Life support
Ottawa East Location
Register for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course at our Ottawa East location (1820 Old Innes Rd, Unit #802)
Ottawa West Location
Register for Basic Life Support (BLS) course at our Ottawa West Location (based off of Carling Road)
Kingston General Hospital Location
Register for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course given at the Kingston General Hospital (76 Stuart St)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and provide the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation. Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
Certification is valid for 1 year.
CPR First Aid Training Course Content
- The BLS Provider Course focuses on what rescuers need to know how to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies.
- The importance of high quality CPR and it’s impact on survival.
- Steps of the Chain of Survival and applying the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival.
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR.
- Perform high quality CPR for adults, children, and infants.
- Use a barrier device to provide effective ventilation.
- Importance of early defibrillation and use of an AED.
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performing as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR.
- Techniques for relief of foreign body airway obstruction (choking) in adults, children, and infants.