Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is an advanced, video based, instructor-led classroom course that focuses on a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Skills are taught through discussion and group learning, while testing stations offer case-based scenarios using simulators.
Certification is valid for 2 years.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is a 2 day course with 14 hours of in class learning.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Training Course Content
- Pediatric systematic approach
- High-quality CPR (Basic Life Support)
- Respiratory emergencies and early interventions
- Shock emergencies and early interventions
- Cardiopulmonary arrest and early interventions
- Post–cardiac arrest management
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation and team dynamics