Standard First Aid & CPR / AED Level C
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
This course includes all current First Aid & CPR guidelines, and is recognized by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) / meets Ontario Health & Safety (OHS) regulation for Basic First Aid.
All participants will receive the Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR PDF Manual. Certification is valid for 3 years.
Standard First Aid & CPR / AED Level C is a 2 day course with 14 hours of in class learning split across the two days.
Standard First Aid & CPR / AED Level C Training Course Content
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head, Neck & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Emergencies (Diabetic Emergencies, Seizures, Mental Health, Childbirth)
- Environmental Emergencies